Friday, December 11, 2009

Twenty-five days of Christmas: Day #9



Magic Bullet





Today’s entry for the countdown to Christmas is short and sweet. (In all actuality I have to catch up on a few posts — I had the seasonal and h1n1 flu shots yesterday and they knocked me out!)


Do you know someone who drinks energy shakes at home? Perhaps a health fanatic, or a mom who wants to get her kids to eat something nutritious? Consider buying him or her a Magic Bullet for Christmas this year. I know, I know, how do I go from endorsing the notebook of Hemingway and Tiffany&Co. key rings to infomercial products? Because, my dear readers, this one really works! Well, theoretically it works.


My roommate J. purchased one over a year ago and it revolutionized our morning routines. I was a shake addict. But then I got creative with it. Turned out the Magic Bullet was really good at pulverizing parmesan cheese. Everything was going well until I tried to grate one of those hard chunks of parm. The blade totally broke. Ok, that was my fault (don’t do what I did). So I recently bought another Magic Bullet for $40 at Canadian  Tire. I took it out of the box and prepped a blueberry shake, plugged it it, and nothing. It didn’t work at all. 


So why am I recommending that you buy one of these things? Simple. When it works, it’s an ingenious idea. You blend right into the cup you will be drinking your beverage out of. Clean up is way more convenient than a blender — less clunky. The machine also has a small footprint, so it doesn’t clutter up the kitchen too much. 


Tip: Cut up ripe banana into small pieces and freeze on parchment paper overnight and add them to your shake in the morning. Tastes just like ice cream!


www.canadiantire.ca

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I love this thing! It is great for drinks but also very handy for many other things in the kitchen, since misplacing my blades for my food processor i have found this to be very handy in dip making as well as baking and cooking! you can chop nuts, dice onion and so much more! :)