Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Twenty-five days of Christmas: Day #8



Moleskine Planner





I can’t remember when I discovered Moleskin notebooks, but they have been my go-to for all of my papery needs ever since [that fateful day]. Made by Modo & Modo Spa, a small paper company based in Milan, Moleskine notebooks as we know them now carry on the tradition of great intellectuals and artists such as Picasso, Hemingway and Oscar Wilde. (Owning one makes you feel 25% more literate and artistic!)


The product range is now very big — from lined or unlined soft or hardcover notebooks, to sketchbooks, to A3 and A4 folios. Every year I treat myself to their day planner. In years gone by I always bought the large hardcover model, but this year I might consider getting the red version... I don’t know, sometimes I’m wacky that way (and my friend Gabrielle bought a red one last year and I was quite jealous). 







What I really love about the Moleskine Planner is that every day gets its own page, and if you keep buying (or giving and/or receiving) the same one year after year, eventually you’ll have a little accidental library, especially if you’re like me and doodle and write down thoughts and inspiration alongside your appointments and daily reminders. Of course, the smaller version is easier to transport, but I've found I usually keep my planner at the office on my desk. 


Other bonus features of the planner are the address book, the pocket on the back page (perfect for storing receipts and business cards) and the price. This is a very thoughtful gift for under $30. Actually, the entire Moleskine range is very well priced. 


No comments: