Friday, September 18, 2009

Taboo Tabu

On my eternal quest for fragrance bliss, today I stopped by Shoppers Drugmart to try out some cheap perfumes (I believe that some of the classics drugstore scents can hold up to the expensive department stores ones). To prove this theory I figured I’d go try Tabu by Dana.







Tabu is known to be one of the best of the cheap scents. It recently won best mass-marketed fragrance on www.basenotes.net (which I LOVE!), but apparently not everyone feels the same way I do about this potentially wonderful scent.


As I perused the unlocked portion of the fragrance section, I noticed that while there were several boxes of Tabu, there was no tester. The saleslady — a relatively adorable middle aged woman who DEFINITELY shouldn’t be selling cosmetics — was busy ringing up a sale, so I picked up a Stetson, a couple Jovans and a few versions of Charlie to pass the time.


When the saleslady was free I asked her if she had a Tabu tester hiding somewhere. She said that they never have a Tabu tester available. I assumed that the scent was so good people couldn’t resist stealing it. She replied, “No it smells so awful we don’t want people spraying it.”


Now, do I trust this flaxen-haired middle-aged woman with missing teeth? Or do I continue the hunt for a Tabu I can spray? I also want to find an Old Spice, Tabu’s old-time fragrance partner in crime. Does anyone out there have a dirty little drugstore perfume habit?

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Ricky, I'm in the market for a new fragrance. Superstore has a decent fragrance counter also, but I left after waiting about 10 minutes. The girl manning the area was consumed with a lady who couldn't make up her mind with some jewellry.

I know fragrance is a very personal choice, but any help would be great.

In the past I used to wear Liz Claiborne (came in a red triangle bottle) and I am currently wearing Goddess by Avon, but they have discontinued the fragrance.

I don't like musky or overly flowery/fruity, but subtle sensual. Does that help?

Ricky said...

Yes it does help... i'm ON IT!!! I think you might need an amber based perfume... let me think about it for a bit :D

Anonymous said...

Easily I agree but I dream the brief should acquire more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!