Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Flower Power

I once said, “There’s nothing in the world I love more than fresh cut flowers.” Perhaps a bit of a hyperbole, but there’s a lot of truth in that statement.
Freshly cut flowers enliven any home. They are a true reflection of the season. Tulips, lilies, lilacs and peonies in spring, then lavender, freesia and sunflowers in summer.... the list goes on.
Sometimes I splurge on my flower purchase, but most of the time I buy a simple bouquet from my local florist, scrap the greenery and baby’s breath and create elegant little vignettes like these ones:

Here are some beautiful blushing pink hydrangeas I just had to have:

Of course, nothing compares to experiencing living flowers in nature, but then again, nothing compares to a wide array of cut flowers inside, too!

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I just love fresh flowers! They really do liven up any space :)